Terms and Conditions for SW Lakes USA
swlakesusa.com, a division of Picture Rocks Networking LLC, was created with the purpose of promoting recreational uses along with the conservation needs of the USA’s Southwestern lakes, with their accompanying rivers, lesser waterways, and wetlands. We do this by offering the best website resource available via any device. We help residents of and visitors to the American Southwest have the best all-around source of information for their own trips, knowledge, adventures, information, and experiences.
Our aim is to provide valuable information about Southwest lakes, related waterways, and wetlands, plus applicable findings to interested people for its tourist, recreational, travel, touring, natural, conservation, and ecological value.
In doing so, we continuously research what’s needed to provide this information. That includes current tourist and environmental needs associated with the American Southwest. We research related areas including towns, people, and situations. In doing this we interact with other people of similar interests, as well as researchers locally, throughout the country, and internationally.
We don’t claim to be ecologists, environmentalists, environmental scientists per se, or historians. But we do research information for our pages and attempt to use the best sources as best as we can. If we discover errors, we fix them asap. Our research aim is to be as accurate and authentic as possible. It’s why we provide documentation as needed.
We add our own photographs whenever we can. We also locate photographs to reflect related subjects. If photographs are from other sources, we give credit Per Licensing. In support of our research and authorship of content, we maintain productive/related memberships, as well as credentialing.
swlakesusa.com provides this website as a service. Our total goal and intention are to be the most helpful Southwestern USA lakes internet information provider and marketer, ever. Addedly with these lakes relationship to rivers, streams, wetlands, and hot springs. To be an obliging and supportive provider to website visitors and readers, for needed information. And a supporter of the healthful needs of the American Southwest’s lakes, waterways, and wetlands.
While the information contained within the site is pretty regularly updated, and the authors’ intent is to provide the most accurate, informative, and helpful information possible, we cannot guarantee that the information provided within the swlakesusa.com website is always correct, complete, and/or up-to-date.
Some links within this website may lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. Picture Rocks Networking LLC and swlakesusa.com include these links solely as a convenience to website visitors. The presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents (exceptions may apply).
This website and its contents are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
The materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. Picture Rocks Networking LLC and its website herein: swlakesusa.com, do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website.
Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions, and trademarks are registered.
Apart from prior temporary permissions stated above, reproduction, permanent storage, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this website are prohibited unless the prior written permission of Picture Rocks Networking LLC (requested via letter through the U.S. mail) and swlakesusa.com (requested via contact form or email) has been obtained.
Photographs, images, and videos used on this website come from a number of different sources:
As many as possible are authentically created with the use of photographic equipment by the creators of this website, as they have in the past and currently go about their lives in relation to the subject matter of this website. You can see more about the Website Creators.
This website incorporates public domain photographs that are not under copyright in the United States because they may:
- Have expired
- Been forfeited
- Be a work by the U.S. government
- Were expressly waived
- Or be inapplicable
Other instances of images/sources used that do not have a copyright are:
- Pre-1923 published works in the U.S., or 70 years beyond the life of the author
- A U.S. work published without a specific, explicit copyright notice before 1988
- A work of the United States government: an officer or employee creating the work as part of their job, per section 105 of the Copyright Act
- Creative Commons also offers through CC0 (Creative Commons Zero License) a way to release material worldwide into the public domain.
- Works created before the existence of copyright and patent laws
Our Specific Image & Video Usage
- Many are obtained through the Creative Commons Licenses. For example, Attribution will say Image Credit: [photographer name] via 4.0 International (CC By 4.0), thus you can recognize it by the placement of the Photo Credit attached to the photo information, with related/required license information.
- When an image is sourced from Creative Commons Licenses, they are always cropped via the website to focus on and give clarity for the purpose placed onto the website’s page/subject matter.
- Some were free photos downloaded and authenticated for usage by others via the Morguefile.com, Pixabay.com website, or similar. Even though not required, sometimes we give the author credit.
- Others were taken by family members or friends of the creators of this website – and placed on the site with their permission.
- A few have been purchased for usage, when necessary, mainly from Fotolia. But occasionally from other photo websites such as iStock or Shutterstock.
- Some have been sourced from code allowed to be shared, for example, from YouTube© to embed on or share on a website.
Also incorporated herein are authorized shareable videos from YouTube and Facebook.